Friday, July 08, 2005

Wet Campers

We had a big camping adventure over the holiday weekend. Joseph arrived a week ago and got two nights in a bed before we hit the open road. We took 5 days and went to visit our other favorite Alaskan city ... Valdez! It was wet and rainy, but we managed to dry off once in a while. Ron and Joe caught some pink salmon, some of which we ate that night for dinner. Camping with four people is a lot more work than camping with two!

Elyse did well. Not that she didn't have her moments, but I think we all did. She especially enjoyed sleeping in the tent with us, and having us both there with her as she fell asleep. It took hours each night to get her to fall asleep, and we dozed off while she played a couple of times. Eventually, sheer exhaustion would win and she would finally be out cold.

I am still going a little bit nuts trying to keep up with my class. It is the first one that really focuses on college students, and I am enjoying the insight of my classmates, but I wish I could just work on it full-time! One way or the other, I guess it will be over at the end of the month.

Morning (afternoon, evening) sickness has started, but I can't really complain as it has been mild. I just have to eat all the time and I do just fine. I'm 8 weeks today. According to the books, the baby is less like an alien and more like a person already. Want to see? http://www.babycenter.com/general/3277.html

I think that is it for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home