Sunday, August 14, 2005

Busy at Home

Ron met up with a friend from Malone and has gone fishing for the weekend. The rest of us stayed home and are probably done with big summer adventures, at least until Grandma and Papa arrive.

I got to celebrate my birthday all week long. A barbeque last weekend with a few friends, a cake and balloons at work and a delicious home cooked dinner on Tuesday, and a tri-birthday bash at a friends place on Saturday evening. whew! no more cake for me please!

Work has been very busy as we get ready for the start of fall semester. Trying to accomplish a few projects in between seeing as many students as possible as many last minute students swear that they just need a few minutes :).

Elyse has been a tantrum girl the last few days, throwing herself on the floor and screaming. We have had several battles that revolve around some object - a pillow or a blanket that she will throw out of the crib or off the bed, then cry until someone gets it for her, then throw again as soon as I hand it to her, and it starts all over again. Otherwise, we have been doing a lot of reading and playing with puzzles. She will miss Uncle Joe when he leaves next week, as she asks for him almost immediately when she wakes up (of course, he is nowhere near ready to wake up when she its!).

I have made it through the first trimester! I can feel a little bulge in my belly, but not enough for anyone else to be able to tell just yet. I will probably need to dig out the maternity clothes soon so that I have them when I need them.

It is hot and smoky here, a combination that I do not like. We have been somewhat housebound as we try to avoid breathing smoke. I hope it breaks soon. That's our excitement for another week!