OK, so if I'm going to update once a month, I guess I'd better get to it... :)
It's been a busy time (isn't that how I always start?). Just like everywhere, we've had colder and snowier weather this winter and I feel like we have been housebound a lot. Now that the days are longer and the temps are milder, we will be getting outside a bit more. Here we are "camping out" - kids think it's fun to sleep on the floor in their sleeping bags:

Here we are playing "beach" (I still am not sure why we needed the piggy bank, but it caused quite a fight between the two):

Isaac turns 3 on the 23rd. My blogging friends with only one child (at least until recently - congrats Jeff and Ellie!) have chronicled all of the things their one- and two-year old sons could do on their birthdays. I feel like all I ever say is "Isaac is amazing". So, for big birthday number 3, I have been attempting to pay attention to what he can do.



Skip this paragraph unless you really want to know all the details. Isaac can now start conversations, and tell you what he did yesterday without prompting. He is getting to be a "pro" at gymnastics, and as one of the few kids in his class who has been through the routine before, he gets to show the other kids how its done (he still doesn't always stay on task, but he is getting better at it). We've had some success with getting him to stay at the table at dinner, even if it is not one of his favorite meals. I have been rather lazy about the potty-training, but I asked him about it several months ago and he said he would start wearing underwear when he turned three. I think he can do it if WE are consistent! Thomas the Tank engine is still, by far, his favorite character. He can name all of the characters, tell you all the names of the big equipment ("there goes a big rig", ..."a digger", "a tipper truck"... etc.) He fights with his sister on a regular basis, usually because they both want to play with the same thing. Going to the library is one of his favorite outings. He knows the sounds of most letters, and recognizes a few words (Mommy, Daddy, Elyse and Isaac). He is finally (mostly) trained to stay quietly in bed until the clock says 6:00. He is singing away right now, and seems to really enjoy music in general, like his daddy!
As for the rest of us, I am really getting into my internship role and hoping that it leads to a job come this summer. We had a grand opening at the Academic Advising Drop-In Center a couple of weeks ago, and it appears that we are beginning to make a name for ourselves on the campus. I got to go to a conference this week in Florida as a part of that, with some ideas to help us set up our goals. Ron has settled in to teaching and is now just enjoying it. He and the kids had a busy, fun time while I was gone to my conference - everyone was off of school, so there was plenty of time to play! They visited the Wild Center, and everyone really likes to see the animals there and play with the activities.

Elyse is excited for Isaac's birthday too, though I think it is partly because she thinks she will get presents too.
I defend my thesis on Thursday! I've hit a point where I am not really nervous about this, just want to get it over with!
I'll post more of the pictures on Flickr and on Facebook!
1 Comments:
I can't believe Issac is three! How did that happen! Looks like you guys are having lots of fun!
Post a Comment
<< Home