Getting settled
I can't find the cord to upload pics from the digi - dang! I want to post a whole bunch more pics from our trip on Flickr too (in my spare time!).
Been in our place for two weeks now. It is an large upstairs two-bedroom apartment. We have a little deck for sitting out on and a yard with a swingset. Plenty of room for toys. Kids and I have been doing some exploring, both by foot/stroller and by car. One thing that has become routine is to visit downtown Canton on Friday mornings and wander through the Farmer's Market. It's fun to see local veggies, breads and crafts, but also fruits and organic meats! (the Fairbanks Farmer's Market doesn't have those!). This week I got a big bag of apples, a few pears and peaches, ground beef and purple string beans! Once I visit the stands, the kids come out of the stroller to run around in the park a bit. There is a fountain that we throw pennies in, and a flower garden surrounded by benches for climbing on. We start a "family" dance class this week - I'll let you know how that goes! Being home is exhausting, but great fun. I feel like I should be able to accomplish more but I do know the morning PBS lineup now. Also, running errands takes forever when you don't know where you are going and how the store is laid out when you get there! There are still boxes to be dealt with, but I'm sick of them and so they just sit.
The leaves are changing here and the evenings are cool, but the days have been HOT! I keep waiting for fall, thinking it should be any day and it doesn't come. More than once there have been three people leaving the house in long sleeves and pants only to find 70 to 80 degree weather! We did enjoy a little walk at the Indian Creek Nature Center today. Saw some ducks, tried to catch a snake and picked some flowers. We will have to go back and wander around some more.
Ron is working hard but really enjoying himself. He generally comes home by 3 or 4 and then spends some time working later in the evening. His students have already tagged him as a science nerd for getting excited about a weird spirogyra he saw in the microscope during lab. He just found out that in the spring he will teach general biology and an anatomy course. If he comes with me to the grocery store, I get introduced to two or three people each time. We have two evening events for new faculty over the next two weeks that spouses can go to too. Ron's parents are coming tomorrow to babysit so that we can go to the first one. I hope to start getting to know some people too! That's all for now, time to rest these tired bones....

1 Comments:
you sound tired...but good...I miss you guy terribly and am sorry we have been such poor communicators....just trying to get over the hell of summer and get ready for this trip...hopefully when we get home I can catch up with you four....
xxoo
michelle
Post a Comment
<< Home