Happy spring!
Isaac, say goodbye to winter:
Hee, hee... he has been making this face just about every time I pull out the camera, and I just keep taking pictures... I will probably regret encouraging it.We are certainly enjoying the spring weather and longer days! We have been outside as much as we can be, even if it is just to read a book in the sun while the kids play on the swingset (and that always includes keeping an eye on the numerous neighborhood kids that show up whenever Isaac and Elyse are outside). Isaac has benefitted from numerous trips to the playground this week while we are both off.
SUNY C is on spring break, so no "day job" for either of us this week. We went looking at houses to buy (eek!) - so far, we have not found "the one". There is no real hurry, other than it would be nice to have time to pack and move during the summer months when we work fewer hours.
My surpervisors at SUNY C have moved ahead with a grant request to hire me, at least part-time for now. I won't really feel like anything is definite until they hand me a contract though, as in the same breath they talk about a freeze on hiring. Would be nice to know the details before we settle on a house, but it's really OK either way.
Just a little over a month left until the semester is over. That means I will graduate soon! My offical graduation day will by May 10th - but unfortunately I will not be going to Fairbanks to participate!
Everyone is doing great. Isaac is suffering a bit from being held more accountable for doing what he is told, and not being able to just get away with stuff anymore. He is mostly out of diapers during the day, though some days he is better at remembering than others. I am enjoying that Elyse is old enough to have a conversation with, and that we can occasionally go out and do fun things that Isaac is not quite old enough to enjoy. She has a long break from school coming up, and with the warmer weather I am hoping to get both kids out and about to the playgrounds, etc.

I think that is all I've got for now. Hope everyone is well!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home