Cold in Fairbanks
36 weeks 1/23/06Hello!
Just in case anyone was wondering, it is not all that fun to be 8 months pregnant when the weather refuses to go above -20 (-35 today). Getting all bundled up and then trying to get in and out of the Subaru would probably be funny for anyone watching me, but is not fun for me. The heat isn't working that well in that car, so there is no choice on being totally bundled. Well, I guess I should be glad that my coats still fit and I can zip them up!
I think we are ready for the new baby (at home at least, I need at least a couple of more weeks at work to get everything in order). We got to go out by ourselves on Saturday night to see Rob Corddry of the Daily Show, then for dessert (there are not many places to go at 11:00 at night when one is pregnant and the other is on medication, but we managed to find something smokefree). It was fun to get out and not worry about getting home by Elyse's bedtime.
Ron continues to battle stomach issues that may be related to the surgery he had in October, maybe not. He has had several tests done to determine what is going on, but so far nothing is conclusive. He has been working quite a bit doing data analysis, reading and squeezing in some writing too. He needs to spend some time in the lab at odd hours over the next week or so, and use the fancy microscope to take pictures of the slides of brains he has.
Not much new here. Days are getting longer, but temps are supposed to stay cold all week. Ah well, life goes on!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home