Monday, January 16, 2006

Getting ready for baby!

No pictures to post - but I promise to get one on Thursday when I hit the 36 week (8 month) mark! At least one pic in the series will match up to the last time that way! :) I will also start weekly dr's appts that day, as they track my progress a little bit more closely.

At my last appointment, I measured only 31 cm, when I had been 34 at the previous appt. The doc asked if the baby had dropped, and I couldn't tell. But once I thought about it, I decided that the baby is lower! I have a little more room to eat, I'm a little more comfortable, but I wake up more often at night and urgently make a little trip. It seems a little early for the baby to drop, so maybe this baby will be early. I hope it waits at least until the start of February, so I have time to get ready at home and at work. Heartbeat ranged from 135 to 150 while I was at the dr's office.

My friends agree that my belly looks different this time around, more of a basketball than an egg shape. Whether that means boy or girl depends on who I am talking to. We got the cradle back out and set it up today, Elyse got mad when we put it in our bedroom and not in hers - she thought it for her to play with and a a place for her baby to sleep. I have one more tub of baby gear to go through and sort, most of it is in place already. There are just a few things that I will need to get, unless the baby is boy, in which case we'll need more boy clothes! I am surprised by how much neutral stuff I do have, so that's nice.

Elyse is enjoying all of her new toys, especially Baby Annabell. She has finally stopped asking for mroe presents. She put the monkey sling on today, and carried the monkey puppet around for a while. She likes the Madeline books and her tricycle too. She is coming up with new things all the time. Yesterday, she was playing that all of her little people were at the beach. We have no idea how she knows what a beach is or what you do there. She and Ron started back to swim lessons this week and are once again enjoying themselves.

Thanks, John and Dar, for sending out some coffee and a new Yukon Cornelius! He is just as popular! Check your address book - our box number is 80951 not 80957.

That's probably enough babbling for now. Hope everyone is well!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home