Sunday, January 29, 2006

Still cold...

It's still cold here, hovering around -40 for about a week now (with highs of -30 and lows of -50!). We haven't had cold like this in at least several years. Supposed to "warm up" to -20 by Tuesday. Elyse and Ron have been housebound quite a bit, and many of her normal activities have been cancelled. We all went together to the pool this afternoon, to get Elyse some exercise and get out of the house. Elyse and Ron have been going to swimming lessons over the last few months, so it was fun to see just how confident she has become in the water and how she can paddle right along and get where she wants to.

I get to visit the Dr every week now, and Ron and Elyse came with me this week to hear the baby's heartbeat. My belly measured 38cm, I've gained 32 pounds and the baby's hearbeat varied from 135-150 while we were there - all well within the normal range. We've got about 2 1/2 weeks until I'm due. I'm just hoping it waits to come until it is a little bit warmer, -40 would be a rude introduction to the world!

This baby is more active than Elyse was. This morning I snuggled up next to Ron and fell back to sleep, and the baby kept him awake with all of the movement. Tonight, when it had the hiccups, I put Elyse's hand on my tummy so she could feel the baby move. She got a kick out of feeling my tummy move and then leaned down and kissed it! She drew and painted some pics that we hung up next to the cradle so that she can help get ready for the baby to come.

We seem to have deduced that Ron is allergic to dairy, and he has had a much better week since he stopped eating anything with dairy in it. He will follow up with the doctors over the next week or two, but we are relieved that he is feeling better. It seems that the stomach surgery he had can change the whole digestive system, so it is not entirely unheard of for something like this to happen.

I think that covers our excitement for this week. Hope everyone is well!

1 Comments:

At 9:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

great shower pic's - hoooray!!
what else do you need at this point...? let us know...
stay warm - love to you all!!

_D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home