Not much really new

This is from some friends during the recent -40 cold snap. They keep their freezer outside and unplug it for at least half of the year. The ice cream had to sit in front of the heater for a while before they could scoop it out! There were also pictures on the front page of the paper showing people throwing hot water in the air and it turned to steam right away, and blowing bubbles and watching as they froze before they hit the ground so that they don't pop right away!
Fortunatly, it is only -9 today and supposed to be above 0 soon. We are anxiously awaiting our new arrival, which could really happen anytime or could be weeks away! Even though it's not here yet, it's making its presence known to the whole family, not just me. As I snuggled in next to Ron last weekend and fell back to sleep, the baby kept him awake because he could feel it moving around. Yesterday, Elyse was on my lap when the baby moved. I asked her if she could feel the baby moving and she got all excited and wanted it to move again.
I get to go the dr every week now. This Thursday I was 38 weeks, my belly was 38 1/2 cm (which is about as big as it can get apparently) and the baby's heartbeat hovered around 130 this time. Everyone at work checks in to make sure that I am there each day, which may get a little old if I am late.
Ron and Elyse are doing well. Ron is spending the weekend in at the lab, slicing up vole brains and looking at them under a microscope. Elyse finished up her swim lessons this week, she really has gotten brave in the water.
Hope everyone is doing well!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home