Thursday, April 20, 2006

Sick...

Here is my cranky little sick girl, ah TV is magic when every little thing is causing a meltdown. This was an actual conversation between Elyse and Ron: "I want something!", "What do you want?" "SOMETHING", repeat, crying and screaming and falling on the floor ensues). We've all had cold for several days now, but are finally starting to feel better.

Isaac's allergy tests came back negative, meaning he doesn't register as allergic to dairy and soy. It doesn't matter what the doctors says, there is a definite sensitivity there because Isaac gets cranky and shows signs of discomfort if I indulge. He has started smiling and making faces at us, and is getting better at holding his head up. He has consistently been sleeping about seven hours straight in the evening, but has decided that 5am is a good time to wake up. I haven't been able to convince him to sleep just a little longer than that!

I helped to initiate and plan a majors fair at work, which was the main reason why I went back so soon. Major Mania got me an interview on the local news, and came together really well since none of us had done something like that before. We managed to get most of the majors and about 200 students to show up, which we feel means success. Ron and I are learning to juggle our days, both attempting to work half days right now. It is hectic. He is furiously sending emails back and forth trying to determine exactly when he can defend his thesis - seems like someone on his committee is always traveling.

Here are some shots of Elyse "helping" Isaac to play with his toy. He can't lay down in this thing alone. The high chair remains a relatively safe place for him to be, either awake or asleep (there are a lot of photos of him sleeping in it), so it gets used a whole bunch.

Time for bed... 5 am comes early! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home